[UPDATE] Quentin Bordage, CEO of Kolsquare and master in Influence Marketing since more than 10 years, shared in insights about the Influencer Marketing Landscape in Europe in 2021, a must-read article to understand the main moves of this booming market !
Proven to be highly successful, Influencer Marketing campaigns are increasingly being built into brands’ communication strategies.
We take a look at the research and statistics relating to this market in France as part of this new marketing phenomenon.
What brands expect from influencer marketing
Digital influence has a different objective for each brand.
Research led by Musefind showed that 92% of consumers trust recommendations coming from individuals, regardless of whether they are influencers, but not those from brands.
Today, influencer marketing is the most profitable customer acquisition method.
The average engagement rate for a post can vary from 1% to 10% with an influencer. It is often around 0.5% for a brand.
What influencers expect from digital influence
The negative effect of Influencer Marketing success is that followers can end up being suspicious. It is therefore essential that influencers work on their strategy in terms of choosing the right collaborations to avoid losing their ‘touch’.
They are increasingly demanding when it comes to brands. 65% of digital influencers confirm they research the product they are required to promote, and 60% pay attention to the brand’s reputation and image (Econsultancy agency).
However, just 41% pay attention to consistency between their editorial line and the product or service.
Influencer demands are also changing. In their quest to adapt to this new communication technique, brands are confronted with new demands from these personalities.
44% of influencers asked say they prefer to develop capsule collections with brands rather than putting out basic sponsored posts.
This has led to influencers making different choices about which brands to work with, as they need to concentrate on partnerships with brands that perfectly match their audience.
Who is the leader in influencer marketing?
In a rapidly changing market, the answer is twofold.
- Which parties would be capable of meeting the needs of advertisers and agencies in terms of data? As well as promoting influencers’ reach and engagement, they must also provide figures proving they are in line with the brand image (demographical and geographical data regarding followers, ability to identify fake followers, etc.).
- Which parties offer solutions to match advertisers with influencers? Once again, the values, compatibility and authenticity of the partnership are decisive factors for a campaign.
The rapidly expanding influencer marketing market is constantly changing. As are its key players.
Should we favour micro-influencers over macro-influencers? What is a fair price for an influencer campaign?
Everyone has a different answer. Kolsquare combines quantity with quality, offering a catalogue of 900,000 influencers, all hand-picked to meet brands’ needs.
With its unique market data, Kolsquare identifies the trendiest and most appropriate influencers to create inspiring campaigns.
Consumers expect a lot from brands. These expectations must be met in digital influencer campaigns, whether occasional or recurring.
This is the value transmission principle. This constitutes the foundations for a digital influencer campaign.
What is the best influencer marketing platform in France?
Among the many influencer marketing specialists on the market, partners such as Kolsquare have developed suitable technologies for identifying and activating the most appropriate influencers. Regardless of companies’ campaigns and objectives.
Here too, several criteria need to be considered:
- Which platform can identify influencers talking about a specific theme? Frequency and recurrence are two key areas.
- Which networks does the platform offer? Each social network has its own digital influencer features.
- Can the platform take the campaign further, by providing data that identifies fake followers and the influencer marketing ROI?
- In addition to identification, is the platform supported by experts who can effectively activate influencers (drawing up contracts, tracking objectives, etc.)?
Identification and activation must be accompanied by proper tracking. Data is essential. Being able to transform this data into inspiring, premium campaigns is an extremely complex objective.
And at a time when the market is becoming consolidated, this ability should be the main criteria in determining which platform to choose for your influencer marketing campaign.