Studies, statistics and examples of influence campaigns
[UPDATE] Quentin Bordage, CEO of Kolsquare and master in Influence Marketing since more than 10 years, shared in insights about the Influencer Marketing Landscape in Europe in 2021, a must-read article to understand the main moves of this booming market !
+1500% level of engagement, +500% Earned Media Value (EMV): these figures, based on our customer experience, are not the result of chance. When one launches into an influencer campaign, it is necessary to have instruments to calculate and analyse to study these results. Conducting a campaign with a digital influencer is achieved by setting clear objectives first.
If your campaign is disappointing, it will also be possible for you to adjust your strategy and to modify your action plan for your next operations.
Does digital influence work? Completely, on the condition that influence campaigns are carried out well. This is achieved by:
- Analysing examples of previous digital campaigns
- Collecting market research
- Calculating ROI
- Observing relevant KPIs according to your objectives.
- Finding examples of digital ambassador campaign
- The market in France: influencer marketing studies and data
- Measuring digital influence KPIs
Finding examples of digital ambassador campaign
Studying examples of campaigns is a way to observe the effectiveness of digital influence and to find inspiration. Following influencers on social networks, searching the hashtag #ad on Instagram etc.
However, be careful not to copy-paste. This practice requires a certain level of creativity and originality.
Just like conventional advertising, communication through an influencer has more chance of meeting with success if it stands out from what has already been seen and reviewed.
There are several ways to do influencer marketing. So, vary your actions and influence systems and, above all, be creative!
The market in France: influencer marketing studies and data
The study into the influencer marketing market in France shows that this new model of communication is the future. Figures prove that the influential power of influencers is significantly greater than that of the brands themselves:
- Consumers are now more sensitive to recommendations from their peers, which they consider as real and authentic. It is estimated that 92% of consumers put their trust in recommendations from individuals who are like themselves, rather than brands.
- These significant figures are leading 93% of marketers to consider influencer marketing as an effective communication strategy to develop a company’s audience and image, and therefore as a real catalyst for growth.
Naturally, advertisers have clearly understood the importance of increasing their budgets dedicated to influencer marketing campaigns.
Analysing influencer marketing ROI.
A subject to tackle before you launch the sponsored-posts campaign, ROI (return on investment) can be studied both by observing the performance of the influencer’s publications and by analysing the impact of the operation on your sales volume.
There are several possible ways to study this data. Cost per click, cost per impression, promo codes, tracking links… There are so many tools that have been put in place by Google, Facebook, Instagram and other networks to allow you to know as much as possible about your returns. Sharing such information, in the form of statistics, is a point that must be tackled when signing your contract with the influencer or celebrity.
Measuring digital influence KPIs
Measuring your ROI requires defining, before and during your campaign, the most relevant key performance indicators. How do you ensure the relevance of these KPIs and best measure the success of your influencer marketing actions?
Depending on your objectives, several approaches are possible, each being associated with the analysis of specific KPIs:
- Measuring impressions and traffic to know your reach
- Compiling the number of clicks, likes or reactions to determine the level of engagement among your target market
- Understanding your commercial performance downstream and the level of transformation to measure the impact of the campaign on sales.
There is so much useful information for monitoring the development of your campaign and determining how effective it has been.