Data-Driven: the power of marketing data for brands
This article is taken from our study Beauty brands & Influencer Marketing in 2021, available as a free download.
What is data-driven marketing?
Data-driven marketing, in general, is a marketing supported and informed by data.
In Influencer Marketing, this means campaigns are initiated and evaluated thanks to data. Big data and machine learning make it possible today to target an influencer, to know his objectives or to precisely measure the ROI of a campaign. And this is no mean feat, as identifying influencers is one of the main challenges for brands. Influencer Marketing then becomes a powerful means of communication for brands that target their prospects by selecting the right influencers according to their audience, their rate of engagement, their number of subscribers, the themes they talk about or the brands they collaborate with. This is the goal of Influencer Marketing platforms like Kolsquare, which use data to allow brands to target influencers, manage campaigns and measure results.
Why activating a data-driven approach for influence marketing is important?
You can find influencers with a simple network search, without using an Influencer Marketing solution. But the manual method has many shortcomings: a long and tedious search, no tools to manage and measure, a lack of visibility and above all the danger of “fake influencers” who cheat to get a large number of followers. Data such as engagement rates can identify them. Moreover, for communities, authenticity and transparency are the watchwords of 2021—it is therefore fundamental to build the right partnerships and create content with high added value. The example of EnjoyPhoenix is particularly telling—in a video, she reported the waste of packages offered by brands with products not corresponding to her tastes or skin tone. Contacting influencers at random, without taking the time to get to know them and target them, no longer works. What works is a campaign built intelligently, with the right influencers, the right subscribers, and this is even more true in the world of beauty. Data solves all these problems.
6 Steps to a successful Influencer Marketing campaign thanks to data
- Set the goals you want to achieve through influence: generate sales, improve your brand image…
- Know your target audience and decide on the modalities of the campaign: short or long-term, with one or more influencers, with micro or macro influencers…
- Identify the influencers corresponding to your criteria thanks to an Influencer Marketing platform.
- Contact the influencer(s)—give them some creative freedom and talk with them about the terms of the campaign.
- Define Key Performance Indicators to monitor the campaign’s performance.
- Once the campaign is over, review the performance of each campaign to improve the next ones.