How to use your semantic universe to target your influencers and create relevant content!
Very quickly, search engines revised their algorithm to try to understand the intention behind each search and no longer rely solely on keywords (a word can have several meanings!). The user’s location, search history and word position have become decisive.
Brands must also adapt and create editorial content around different semantic universes if they want to emerge. It is no longer a question of thinking only in terms of « keywords ». Our experts explain how contextual inclusion can make all the difference in your brand content strategy.
- Defining your semantic field
- What is a semantic field, simple definition?
- How to define its semantic field?
- What are the advantages of an effective semantic search?
- 1. Improving the engagement rate
- 2. Work on your brand affinity
- 3. Identify new opportunities
- Semantics to find relevant influencers
- Precise targeting of your influencers
- The Kolsquare influence platform: the essential tool to target your influencers thanks to your semantic field
Defining your semantic field
What is a semantic field, simple definition?
Let’s go back to the definition of the semantic field. This notion should be distinguished from the lexical field of a brand, even if the two are closely linked. In order for search engines to understand the meaning of a search, the user’s intention, it is necessary to enrich its lexical field, i.e. to find words of the same family. The lexical field of a brand feeds the semantic field. And the semantic field gives meaning to the text. The circle is complete: the context and the lexical field allow us to understand the precise meaning of the words.
How to define its semantic field?
Before creating your own branded content or collaborating with influencers, it is therefore essential to analyse the most relevant expressions associated with your product or service. There is no effective content marketing strategy without semantic analysis. To do this, there are two main levers:
- Look at how your customers and prospects talk on the web. Whether on social networks, forums or any other space of expression, the verbatims posted here and there by your targets are full of information. This audit will enable you to draw up a more or less exhaustive list of expressions used by users to refer to your products and those of your competitors. In the end, it is the ideal opportunity to point out a strong consumer expectation.
- There is also a lot to learn about the competition. Once you have identified the needs and trends of your target group, you need to know whether or not the territory is already occupied by other players. So be careful to gauge the competitive universe before launching into a content marketing action.
What are the advantages of an effective semantic search?
1. Improving the engagement rate
As we have seen, semantic search allows us to provide users with answers that are perfectly in line with their expectations and their current thinking. It is this relevance of results, and therefore of positioning for a brand, that increases its engagement with consumers. The brand creates value because it is able to respond to the real concerns of consumers at a given moment.
Consumers’ attention is captured and the brand has managed to address a more receptive audience. Naturally, the results are there: some professionals have noted much better click-through and conversion rates since the implementation of contextual targeting.
Context is becoming a new performance lever for the advertiser.
2. Work on your brand affinity
Another benefit of effective semantic search is that the brand increases the trust its consumers place in it. In this case, contextual inclusion makes it possible to reinforce the appreciation of the brand among a target group and to activate a real « brand affinity » strategy. This is even more true for committed brands wishing to make their ethical values known.
3. Identify new opportunities
The audit of the semantic field can also make it possible to identify territories that have not yet been exploited by its competitors. These empty spaces then open up strong commercial possibilities. There is plenty of room for you, as a brand, to be visible and generate traffic. These are potentially prospects at the end of the click, and why not potential future buyers.
Semantics to find relevant influencers
Precise targeting of your influencers
The world of influencer marketing is constantly recruiting content creators and it is sometimes difficult to identify relevant influencers. The semantic universe then becomes a real decision lever since it allows you, as a brand, to find choice influencers, in line with your brand image. Do not neglect this selection stage, which is a real parameter for the success of your influencer campaign.
The Kolsquare influence platform: the essential tool to target your influencers thanks to your semantic field
Kolsquare offers advertisers the ability to perform highly accurate influencer targeting through its advanced search engine. Similar to a search engine, Kolsquare’s technology allows you to apply precise filters to the influencer search by :
- Age, gender, social networks, countries, cities, interests, influencer content, community size, credibility score, etc. All of this is made possible by automatically updated KOL profile statistics that also make it possible to know the geographic and demographic distribution of the community, the evolution of the size of the community by social network, the engagements obtained by the identified profile, but also the interests of its audience according to different themes.
- The semantic field: keywords, hashtags or by specific theme to identify a trend in the influencer’s publications or to know his universe and his communication habits on social networks. It should be noted that it is also possible for Kolsquare users to search for a trend among a database of selected influencers.
This is an opportunity for brands to discover profiles of influencers with an engaged community that they would not have thought of. This is the power of using an influencer marketing platform such as Koslquare: to refine your targeting as precisely as possible in order to effectively identify content creators who are like you. And all this in just a few clicks so that you can concentrate on the essentials of your campaigns.