Influencer marketing ROI (2020)
Whatever the type of campaign, you should always set out your objectives. But once the campaign is launched, how can you keep an eye on the effectiveness of your marketing campaign?
There’s no secret formula to obtaining viable results: it’s all about planning research and statistics before launching the campaign.
Because in addition to increasing sales, influencer marketing aims are wide and varied: events, product launches, strategy overhauls, brand renewals, etc. Gaining positive opinions and raising its profile are also key aims for an advertiser.
- What are the advantages and what ROI can you expect from an influencer campaign?
- The ROI on influencer marketing: what is the impact on sales?
What are the advantages and what ROI can you expect from an influencer campaign?
You need to gather a lot of data to see how much your profile has been raised. Here are a few examples:
- The number of impressions for a sponsored post, and de facto the cost per impression: to see how visible the operation has been compared to the budget spent.
- Engagements: to determine the cost per engagement (click, mention, retweet, share, etc.).
- The engagement rate, compared to the average engagement rate for your accounts and the influencer’s account on social networks: this is also proof that followers have shown an interest in the sponsored post. And a good indicator of whether or not the influencer was a good choice.
- Influencer marketing earned media value (EMV): this is the advertising equivalent of your online impressions and engagements. Calculated in advance by each industry, the results of previous influencer campaigns enable you to estimate an advertising ROI, just as you would estimate TV or poster campaigns. The main difference is that the data enables you to ensure you truly reach your target.
Our customer experience shows how influencer marketing techniques are highly effective: over 1,500% additional engagements compared to the average for advertiser accounts, and over 500% more EMV compared to the budget invested.
Influencer marketing really works!
The ROI on influencer marketing: what is the impact on sales?
For certain campaigns, the main expected return on investment is an increase in sales.
There are several methods for measuring the results:
- Setting up tracking links, UTMs to bit.ly links. The latter may suffice for direct, immediate shopping processes.
- Buying trends also enable you to observe the effects of a campaign over the hours and days following the sponsored posts.
- Another technique consists of providing influencers with a promotion code. It is then very easy to see whether the campaign has been a success.
Brands and agencies are increasingly attempting to combine business objectives with social ROI objectives.
Being a far-reaching, ethical brand with a social media presence is essential for any modern business. Even more so if it reaches out to young targets (Gen Z and Millennials).
In just a few years, social networks have proved themselves to be great media platforms, and influencer marketing has now part of consumers’ everyday lives.
When it comes to overhauling a brand, changing the target or renewing a brand, these challenges have a direct impact on business performance and drive advertisers towards influencers.