Influencers: What rate shall you ask brands for collaborations?
When an influence marketing collaboration starts between a brand and a K.O.L (Key Opinion Leader), questions around rates are on top of both parties’ minds. No matter if the influencer has experience or not, brands tend to underestimate the amount of work creating content represents and play with the fact that there is no transparency on influencers’ rates on the market.
Though, this lack of transparency isn’t helping both parties to get the best of a collaboration. On one side influencers are regularly underpaid, when on the other side brands often overpay influencers underperforming.
By launching this influencer rate calculator, Kolsquare’s purpose is clear: offer both parties more transparency so more professional collaborations can happen on the influence marketing market.
A personalized rate based on your networks, community size and engagement
If some alternatives exist in dollars, our calculator is the first one in euros and based on the European market.
Our influencer rate estimation is based on KPI brands use to track the impact of their campaigns: the EMV (Earned Media Value) – which corresponds to an estimated benefit they earn from working with influencers compared to paying for regular ads. On top of using the EMV, free estimation is also taking into account:
- The different content formats and their price on the market
- The impact of the content produced in the last month by the influencer on its audience
This calculation has been made possible thanks to our 12 years of experience and our technology.
How does it work on Kolsquare?
If you have more than 1000 followers on Instagram and want to check the rate you could ask brands for collaborations, you need to:
- Register to Kolsquare’s influencer free platform here,
- Fill in your public social profiles in the dedicated fields.
To connect your Instagram account to Kolsquare, you need to have a public business or creator Instagram account linked to a Facebook page.
How to use this rate with brands?
Our influencer money calculator is an estimation, which means it needs to be tailored to your situation and only you, the influencer, can decide it fits your work and values.
Even if the results have been approved by 85% of our influencers, here are some criteria which might decrease or increase the estimation we made you:
- If your topic is “niche”, you might be able to negotiate higher rates. Why? Because there are not many profiles like yours, so you are special.
- If the content asked by the brand requires a lot of work or the use of freelancers (photographer, etc.), you should always take it into account in your pricing,
- If the brand asks you to produce a piece of content that goes a bit too far from your editorial line or has many restrictions on the set, you can use your rate to negotiate more freedom!
- If the brand you partner up with is a really cool brand! And you’ve always dreamt to work with, don’t be afraid to work for free or cheaper. The reputation of the brand can help you get visibility or credibility towards your audience. Same goes if you work with a non-profit organization you like, don’t be afraid to decrease your rate if you want to make sure to work with them.
You are an influencer and want to register to our free platform to estimate the rate you can ask brands for collaborations and get access to interesting analytics? Sign-up for free here.